Due to Covid restrictions here and in Bali this program is currently on hold.A brief overview of the program:
- A special and unique Retreat for men at any stage of their life,
- Explore the issues about what really matters for you as a man.
- We offer men an authentic, safe opportunity to go to the essence of themselves.
- We invite you to look at the barriers that interrupt your progress into the future.
- Come celebrate your decision to not simply accept your life as it is.
- We provide a practical, supportive and encouraging way for men to focus on their life and find ways to become even more potent within their families, the work they do and the community.
- Experience all of this in a really safe environment with like-minded men.
- We have been providing these personal development opportunities since 2004, we are good at what we do.
Our time as a group includes focused sessions on the questions men bring to the retreat, and extends to sharing fascinating landscapes, experiencing nature’s gifts of the region and indulging in Balinese culture, food and society.
What Happens?Lots of considerate, safe and respectful personal development group work, innovative workshop processes and sharing circles. Nothing boring! Some ritual work and plenty of reflection time. Great conversations and mateship. Plenty of village walks, meditation, bodywork, music and stunning local cultural events. We experience care, service, beautiful food, a few surprises and lots of fun! These unique group experiences offer men an authentic, safe opportunity to go to the essence of themselves, to share and explore as a potential springboard to the next part of your life’s journey.
Why Bali?Where else could you participate in an 8 days fully facilitated, all inclusive program with exceptional service and accommodation just sufficiently ‘out of the way’ to concentrate on just you! We offer a genuinely stunning adventure. (For those of you with partners, you could consider having them join you in Bali either before or after the Program. Many previous attendees have chosen this option, talk to us about this possibility)
What’s in it for you?Past participants report:
- A willingness to let go of past issues
- A clearer understanding of what they want to do in the future
- Enriched sense of family and place
- A willingness to know and accept their life’s journey
- Self-respect and respect for others
- Enriched and deeper insight into their life’s purpose
- A freedom to be with other men
- Ability to make time and space for themselves
- An appreciation of spirit Understanding of their place in community
- Respect from others A sense of purpose around creativity
Program HostsWes Carter OAM….. has 30 years’ experience conducting personal development group work with men and women. A pioneer of the Men’s movement in Australia, he has committed his life to exploring and contributing to the well being of people. A recipient of numerous awards for his work in the field of men’s health and well being. From his deep source of life experience, he shares and facilitates with rich, resonate compassion. His work has touched 100’s of lives. Wes is absolutely committed, he brings humour, challenge, support and life experience to this important work among men. John Broadbent Sydney NSW. John is an engaged father to 2 sons, has actively been involved in men’s work for almost 30 years, published ‘Man Unplugged – Exploring The Inner Man’ and continues explore his own eldership by helping other men take their own inward journey with purpose and support. He too has experienced the enhanced richness and fullness of life, resulting from men’s work and how that has deeply supported his own unfoldment.
PROGRAM COSTSProgram covers an all inclusive amount of $2,450 per man as follows (an early-bird rate of $1,950 applies for deposits of $500 received prior to closing date of 30 Sep 2019).
- 8 days and nights full accommodation.
- Breakfasts, lunches and Balinese evening feasts at venue.
- Airport transfers to and from venue in Ubud.
- All group work sessions (42++ Hours).
- Local transport to and from venue & Ubud Balinese village walks.
- Laundry at venue.
- Staff gratuities.
- Return transport across the island to Padang Bai Breakfast at Padang Bai.
- A special massage treat in Ubud.
- Kecak dance and fire dance ceremony.
- Airfares (check Garuda, Air Asia. Jetstar – Currently around $400 return)
- Travel Insurance
- A la carte meals in Ubud (Main course in Ubud from $15 to $20.
- Alcohol and bar fridge expenses(A large Bintang beer will set you back around $4)
- Personal shopping (Most men would spend around $100 on gifts and personal items)
- Massages (One and a half hours of absolute bliss, around $25, $12 to $15 for one hour – can be quite addictive)
Pondok Saraswati – home of the Men in Bali ProgramsPondok means little house and Saraswati is the Goddess of Wisdom and Learning. Founded in 1991, this unique, private not for profit retreat overlooking the rice fields in Silungun near Ubud, provides a perfect tranquil space for group work. Participants enjoy all of the services and comfort of a small private hotel. Beautiful food, lovingly prepared by Nyoman Rusni, Pondok’s founding manager, a nearby swimming pool, village walks and outstanding service. All staff are from the village and are part of the Pondok family. Pondok Saraswati website – http:pondoksaraswativillasubud.com
Contact one of our facilitators if you have any other questions:
- In NSW: John Broadbent – firstname.lastname@example.org 0417645536
- In WA: Wes Carter – email@example.com 0448895429
Booking for Men in BaliWe encourage you to plan ahead to claim your space well in advance. All bookings need to be accompanied with a $450 deposit, either cheque made out to – Wes Carter 11 Kirby Way Samson 6163 – or Internet Transfer to – Westpac Bank; The MensWork Project Inc., BSB 036041; A/c No 155572. Include your name on any EFT transaction
CancellationsThere are a limited number of places available on the retreats so we need to manage bookings carefully. Therefore, cancellations less than 60 days before the start date forfeit 100% of deposit payment. We will refund the deposit if we can fill the cancelled place. Cancellations between 60 and 90 days before start date forfeit 50% of deposit payment unless we can fill the cancelled place. If we cancel the retreat for any reason a full refund of your deposit will be made to all participants.
Feedback & TestimonialsWe’re proud of our program. Read through some of the Feedback and Testimonials for Men in Bali.
- Canceled due to Covid restrictions.