Since 2004 the Men in Bali retreats have provided an outstanding opportunity for men to explore their potential in a unique tropical setting. Over 160 men have participated in the past 36 programs.
Due to Covid restrictions here and in Bali this program is now being offered in Perth.
The event is residential with all meals provided, arrive Friday PM and depart Sunday PM.
A brief overview of the program:
- A special and unique Retreat for men at any stage of their life,
- Explore the issues about what really matters for you as a man.
- We offer men an authentic, safe opportunity to go to the essence of themselves.
- We invite you to look at the barriers that interrupt your progress into the future.
- Come celebrate your decision to not simply accept your life as it is.
- We provide a practical, supportive and encouraging way for men to focus on their life and find ways to become even more potent within their families, the work they do and the community.
- Experience all of this in a really safe environment with like-minded men.
- We have been providing these personal development opportunities since 2004, we are good at what we do.
Our time as a group includes focused sessions on the questions men bring to the retreat, and extends to sharing fascinating landscapes, experiencing nature’s gifts of the region and indulging in Balinese culture, food and society.
Lots of considerate, safe and respectful personal development group work, innovative workshop processes and sharing circles. Nothing boring! Some ritual work and plenty of reflection time. Great conversations and mateship. Plenty of village walks, meditation, bodywork, music and stunning local cultural events. We experience care, service, beautiful food, a few surprises and lots of fun! These unique group experiences offer men an authentic, safe opportunity to go to the essence of themselves, to share and explore as a potential springboard to the next part of your life’s journey.
What’s in it for you?
Past participants report:
- A willingness to let go of past issues
- A clearer understanding of what they want to do in the future
- Enriched sense of family and place
- A willingness to know and accept their life’s journey
- Self-respect and respect for others
- Enriched and deeper insight into their life’s purpose
- A freedom to be with other men
- Ability to make time and space for themselves
- An appreciation of spirit Understanding of their place in community
- Respect from others A sense of purpose around creativity
Wes Carter OAM….. has 30 years’ experience conducting personal development group work with men and women. A pioneer of the Men’s movement in Australia, he has committed his life to exploring and contributing to the well being of people. A recipient of numerous awards for his work in the field of men’s health and well being. From his deep source of life experience, he shares and facilitates with rich, resonate compassion. His work has touched 100’s of lives. Wes is absolutely committed, he brings humour, challenge, support and life experience to this important work among men.
Reijer Groenveld A qualified professional Occupational Therapist Manager, specialising in safety and wellbeing over the last 15 years, Reijer has also embarked on his own personal journey of self-discovery through initiating and participating in many forms of men’s work, he is passionately drawn to the nurturing of community through his voluntary effort on vision quests and Rites Of Passage work with Fathers and their young sons. A skilled group facilitator, he is currently exploring his own transitions through nature-based creative group work with both men and women including shadow and archetypal explorations A family man with 4 grown up children, Reijer brings a wealth of passion and life experience in offering this unique program to the young men of WA.
DATES: Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th October 2021
LOCATION: Serpentine Retreat Centre; 48 Lewis Road, Serpentine WA.
For further information contact Wes Carter – firstname.lastname@example.org 0448895429
To ensure quality personal time for each participant we have had to limit the numbers so register your interest early by responding to this email; email@example.com or send in a booking deposit by EFT to – Westpac Bank; The MensWork Project Inc., BSB 036041; A/c No 155572.
There are a limited number of places available on the retreats so we need to manage bookings carefully. Therefore, cancellations less than 60 days before the start date forfeit 100% of deposit payment. We will refund the deposit if we can fill the cancelled place. Cancellations between 60 and 90 days before start date forfeit 50% of deposit payment unless we can fill the cancelled place. If we cancel the retreat for any reason a full refund of your deposit will be made to all participants.
Feedback & Testimonials
We’re proud of our program. Read through some of the Feedback and Testimonials for Men in Bali.
- Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th October 2021